Reading Association for the Blind (RAB)
Phone: 0118 957 2960
The Association began as Reading Blind Aid Society in 1883 but underwent a fundamental change in 1926 when the Borough of Reading became involved owing to new legislation. The Mayor of Reading was appointed as President (a practice that continues today) and a committee of Trustees was established.
The name was changed to Reading Association for the Welfare of the Blind. In 1997 The Association became a company limited by guarantee and the name was changed to Reading Association for the Blind or RAB.